Developed by Psyonix, Rocket League is a soccer video game where the players play football through their cars. It was launched by Microsoft Windows and Playstation 4 in 2015 with ports for both Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
The game was developed as the sequel to the 2008 game – Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. The game did not become a hit but acquired a loyal fan base amongst the gamers.
The company did not their hope and worked on improving the game until they could come up with a sequel. They started working on the game in 2013 after taking in the criticism and the inputs from the gamers.
The company also realized that lack of marketing also led to the downfall of Battle-Cars so when they launched Rocket League, they ensured wide-scale marketing for the game including giving the Playstation Plus members free access to the game.
505 Games was initially the official distributor of the physical retail version for Playstation 4 and Xbox. However, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, later on, took it up in 2017.
In 2016, the gaming company launched the macOS and Linux compatible versions of the game. Currently, they are aiming to switch from a premium game to a free-to-play model by 2020.
How does one play Rocket League?
The player controls a rocket-powered vehicle and is supposed to hit the ball to the back of the net just like a regular soccer game. However, in a regular soccer game, there are teams but in the video game, it is a one-on-one game.
The controls of the game are as follows:
- Moving forward
- Moving backward
- Left and right
Here are some rocket league boosting techniques that will take your performance in the game a level up:
- Switch the camera: switching your camera views will give the player a better understanding of the surroundings. There are two default camera views provided by the game; a) one follows the car’s view; b) the other one follows the ball from the car’s perspective.
- Get more air jumps in your jumps: if the player holds the jump rather than tapping it will give more air to the jumps. This trick is very helpful in certain tricky situations.
- Move strategically: do not chase the ball always. Let others run for the ball and wait for the right opportunity. Make your move when the opportunity strikes.
- Make your shoot count: once in a while experimenting works at times but when you shoot the ball, it should hit the nets. The more the number of hits, the higher will be your score.
- Somersault to score: driving forward and double-tapping simultaneously will help the player to perform a forward somersault. Some of these will even get the player supersonic speed. Instead of burning up the entire provision of boost, use this technique to give you the advantage over other players. Save the boost option for a time when it is needed.
These rocket league boosting tips should help you to play better in Rocket League!