Because of the recent outbreak of coronavirus, people are more anxious about their health and their hygiene than ever. And as this pandemic is entirely new, people are confused about how to avoid the spread of the coronavirus disease.
What is coronavirus?
The COVID-19 virus usually affects the respiratory tract of both humans and animals. The transmission of the virus is by the respiratory droplets generated while coughing, sneezing, or talking. When an infected person does any of the mentioned activities, then they pass on the virus to an individual standing in front of him. Also, when any individual touches their face by contaminated hands, they can get the disease.
It is usually seen that any person who gets infected by coronavirus has been in contact with the infected person in a width of 6 feet. The droplets remain suspended in the air for a while; hence one can take precautionary methods to protect themselves by these droplets. This disease is even claimed as an airborne disease, which is quite severe!
Below given are some ways through which one can prevent the spread of coronavirus disease.
Eight ways to prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- As the disease spreads by coming in close contact with an infected person, it is suggested to stay away from any individual for at least 6 feet or by two feet
- Avoid going into any public gathering or any family function because the spread of the virus in such places are high
- Most of the corona patients have not shown up any symptoms so it is suggested that moving out in public area can be very harmful
- Keep washing your hands thoroughly after regular intervals. You should use soap and water and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds for effective results
- If you have bought a hand sanitizer, then check out the alcohol base of it, the sanitizer must have at least 60% alcohol. Rub your hand with the sanitizer and then only touch your face or mouth
- Never cover your mouth with your hand while sneezing, instead use your elbow and tissue. Throw away the tissue after one use itself and rub your hands again, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Always use a mask outdoors, and before using any mask, just check out the credibility of the cover. One can even use none medical cloth masks, but the most effective masks are surgical mask and N-95 masks
- If you feel that you are ill, then consult a doctor over a call, because if you go outdoors, then it can cause you problems. Also, if it’s urgent to move outdoors then don’t use public transport, taxis, or ride-sharing as it can cause issues.
If you are even thinking of traveling, then it is suggested to consult a doctor and take a prescription of immunity boosters to be on a safer side. One can surely prevent themselves from this pandemic by taking all the preventive measures mentioned above!